The Throggs Neck Merchant Association (TNMA) is proud to announce the Throggs Neck 'Summer 2016' Restaurant Week. The TNMA will be coordinating the event which will take place August 19 through September 4, 2016. The event will be running for a period of 16 days, including 3 weekends, allowing you and your friends to experience the diverse food fare in Throggs Neck and the neighboring communities.
Throggs Neck, located in the south eastern part of the Bronx and known for its share of Italian restaurants, has seen a change in the last few years. With an influx of new restaurants offering a wide selection of Latin cuisine, from traditional Spanish, Mexican, and Puerto Rican to multi-cultural Latin Fusion, the dining possibilities in Throggs Neck have grown exponentially. With over thirty restaurants participating in the Throggs Neck Summer 2016 Restaurant Week event, you can chose from Italian, Latin, German, Irish, American, Japanese and Thai, prepared in traditional, nouveau or fusion techniques.
All restaurants participating in the Throggs Neck Summer 2016 Restaurant Week event will be offering a 3 course prix fixe dinner menu. Some restaurants will also be offering a 3 course prix fixe lunch menu, giving you a great excuse to plan your lunch meetings during this event. The cost for the prix fixe dinner at most restaurants will be $25, and some restaurants, with a higher price point, will be charging $35 for the dinner. The cost for the Prix fixe lunch will be $15. For information on participating restaurants, their prix fixe menus or to sign up for specials and future discounts, you can visit the website at http://www.throggsneckrestaurantweek.com.
"Tasty Ladies", a Bronx based food critic and blogger will be covering some of the restaurants, so you can visit their site for pictures and to read about their experiences before and during restaurant week. The link to the "Tasty Ladies" website is www.tastyladiesny.com.
If you can't decide which restaurant to dine in, you can visit the website or view the participants on google maps: http://bit.ly/tnrwsummer2016map With the majority of restaurants running along a 1.5 mile stretch on Tremont Ave, you can easily identify the participating restaurants. Just look for the yellow Restaurant Week Banners.
Participating restaurants are:
- Acri Cafe ( Italian)
- Alley Cat Smokehouse ( Smokehouse)
- Brewski's Bar & Grill ( Bar & Grill)
- CABO Restaurant (Spanish)
- Casa Restaurant (Spanish)
- Crosstown Diner (American)
- DaFranco & Tony Ristorante (Italian)
- Escape Restaurant & Lounge (Spanish)
- Estrellita Poblana IV (Spanish)
- Fine Food Cuisine (American)
- Havana Cafe (Spanish)
- Honey's Thai Pavillion (Thai)
- Ice House Cafe (American)
- Jenavies Cafe (Spanish)
- Jimmy's Grand Cafe (American)
- Louis Seafood Restaurant (Italian)
- Lucca Fine Italian Cuisine (Italian)
- Made In Puerto Rico Latin Cuisine (Spanish)
- Mama Puebla Mexican Restaurant (Spanish)
- Mamajuana Cafe the Bronx (Spanish)
- Outback SteakHouse (Bar & Grill)
- Paddy's On the Bay (American)
- Patricia's of Tremont (Italian)
- Rino's Italian Restaurant (Italian)
- Riverview Grill at Trump Ferry Point (American)
- Sapito's Sports Bar and Grill (Bar & Grill)
- The Wicked Wolf (Bar & Grill)
- Throggs Neck Clipper (Bar & Grill)
- Tosca Cafe (Italian)
- Uncle Al's (Soul Food)
- Yamada Japanese Restaurant (Japanese)